Sunday, July 23, 2017

I give up--and a new release. #Sundayblogs #BloggersBlast

Meme hosted by Kimberley of Caffeinated Book reviews


The Sunday Post I meant to write last night and get out? Once again, I was so focused on other things it failed to come out of my brain until this morning. I know I should schedule them in advance but I just never think about it! Which is uber annoying when I want to participate in things that have linky lists that have to be filled out 24 hours (ish) in advance. That's why I haven't done Weekend Writing Warriors in ages. *pout*

If you're a friend of mine on Facebook, this whole last week has had me focused on studying more of that something I mentioned last week and the week before. If you're a friend of mine on Facebook, you've seen the subject come up time and again (*here's an idea Juli. Save the links here instead of on Facebook!). Why yes. Good idea, I'll get right on that.

(Yeah, we'll see if that happens!)

Anyway, two bits of news for you all: I was part of a fun Facebook takeover last week and I want to say again, thanks to all who popped by and to Decadent Kane for inviting me! Generally, I don't care for the vibe of Facebook, but I don't mind the parties. They can be a fun confrontational-free, Politics-free zone in the quagmire that is Facebook.


Two, the giveaway for an audible coupon for Lady of the Tarot, is ...about over. ( I hope the rafflecopter doesn't keel over early, it tends to always thwart me that way.) At any rate, the giveaway doesn't end until the 30th so feel free to pop over and join in, should you wish.

3. I've been wrangling with this all week but it is so importante, I need to stop babbling and say...I HAVE A NEW BOOK OUT!!!

With the recent Photobucket debacle, (pb can bite me), I haven't had a chance to upload the cover everywhere, but it's an historical fantasy and the story goes a little something like this:

FRIGGA'S LOST ARMY.



Synopsis:

In the winter of 1943, Benjamin is just a grunt and Army cook—until he finds himself captured, along with his unit, taken prisoner by Mussolini's troops after the Battle of Tunisia.
 
Transported to a POW camp in Italy, Benjamin is plagued with intense visions of the Norse Goddess Frigga and her retinue of Valkyries, berserkers, and other magical beings.
 
When he encounters a woman bearing an uncanny resemblance to the goddess, he wonders if he hasn’t been entangled in a battle between the natural and the supernatural—a battle for the present and the future.


Amazon Button (via NiftyButtons.com)


Of course, it's available Amazon for your purchasing and/or Kindle Unlimited borrowing pleasure. It's also in paperback, if you'd like a physical copy. :) And you can read a sample here.
Amazon's still settling things as far as the keywords and shit goes. It's a 52,000+ word novel, I guess some choking is expected. (Don't ask me how Amazon calculates things, no one seems to know)


Anyway, as to the story, a load of research went into FLA to get Benjamin's life as a PoW correct. (The book has been in the works for several years, if I can confess the truth!). Don't ask me why World War 2. When this book emerged, Frigga herself showed up and said "Hey, this is set in World War 2". Who was I to argue?


(What if I did argue? EEP! It doesn't bear thinking about, does it?)


Some part of it ended up--at the tippy tail end of producing said-book--sending me right back into research mode. Surprisingly, into Hellenistic (and earlier) era Pompeiian art, life, destruction (ye gods!!) , since Vesuvius is somewhat within eyeball distance of the area in which the book's set (and there was an eruption at the time! Around the time... I couldn't resist)


 Par for the course for me, the myths and gods of the surrounding area. Yeah, not Frigga (although lots and lots and lots was done there while I worked on the story) but Italio-Roman pantheons. 


You'll see very little of them in the book, however. I think it might come out in something later. What, I haven't formulated yet, so we shall see. Stay tuned. Is okay, really. My family originated in the Naples area so I'm not surprised in the least. The Roman gods have poked their heads in from time to time, throughout my pagan life. Too much information to process all at once?


Try being in my head this past few weeks! Oy, anybody got some xanax and a straight jacket handy?
But for my pagan readers, oh yes, if you enjoyed the Celtic Stewards Chronicles, or Lady of the Tarot, a similar feel and themes can be found here as well. I believe you'll enjoy this book! (I hope. *fingers crossed*)

And speaking of Celtic Stewards Chronicles, I have it back! So, work will commence on the final phase of book 3, and we'll get rolling along on releasing it. :) Also, my next audiobook is almost finished. I think. *knock on wood* So stay tuned for those.

Fourth. Photobucket debacle! They sprang the news, this week that they'd decided to just drop out all our linked images, after what? 15 years? I've not had chance to reclaim and reload many of the zillions of blog guest post images, and quite frankly we are talking ...maybe more like hundreds, so many I'm not certain Blogger will be able to handle them and I'm not sure where to dump them all. So for quite awhile,  you'll see in holes in older posts. I'm only one woman and I have books to write and edit along with maintaining this blog, so I don't know how long fixes will take. Please excuse broken imagery.

Fifth: A fun thing! I have something scheduled for this week on the blog, that this post ended up too long to include. C'est la Vie. But be on the look out for that. :)

Phew! I think that's everything.

Posts from last week

The Clean Indie Reads sale post (which, the sale is over now but you can still check out the great books)

And the Cimmeran Shade release party details (also over, but do check out Cimmeran Shade)

Books purchased the last week (ish).

The Iron Wyrm Affair (Bannon and Clare Book 1)  by Lilith Saintcrow
and
Son of a Duke (The Spy Series Book 1) by Jessie Clever
and Imogene (Imogene Farrell Book 1) by Eliza Lloyd (which, reader advisory, is a little more an erotic romance, I hear tell, than some might be used to seeing me post here, lately. Just so you know. The story looked very interesting though, so I added it to the tbr list! :))


Anyway, that's me for this week. I hope you enjoy my new novel Frigga's Lost Army.  Good morning, all. Have a great day!


Follow on Bloglovin'
  
Or for less frequent news. sign up for my new release newsletter here.
You can also:






***
Juli D. Revezzo is the author of the historical fantasy FRIGGA'S LOST ARMY, the Gothic fantasy romance LADY OF THE TAROT, now available in Audiobook from Audible and in ebook and paperback, MOURNING DOVE LOCKET, the latest in the Antique Magic paranormal series, also the Celtic Stewards Chronicles fantasy romance series, as well as the Victorian Romance HOUSE OF DARK ENVY, among others. Her books are available at Amazon and elsewhere.
Post a Comment

Juli's Books

Available at Amazon. Some also available at Audible, Barnes and Noble, Smashwords and Createspace.
Frigga's
New audiobook @ Audible
Victorian romance, historical romance, Juli D. Revezzo, historical romance, read free with Amazon Prime, Kindle Unlimited
The Artist's Inheritance, Antique Magic book 1, by Juli D. Revezzo, Gothic fiction, witch fiction, pagan paranormal fictionCaitlin's Book of Shadows, Antique Magic book 2, by Juli D. Revezzo, short fiction, free ebook, witch fiction, pagan paranormal fictionDrawing Down the Shades, Antique Magic book 3, by Juli D. Revezzo, Gothic fiction, witch fiction, pagan paranormal fiction
Lady of the Tarot by Juli D. Revezzo, Gothic romance, historical romance, tarotHouse of Cards, Reign of Tarot book 1, by Juli D. Revezzo, pagan paranormal fiction, witch fiction, tarot-themed fiction, Gothic fiction, supernatural horrorPassion's Sacred Dance, Celtic Stewards Chronicles, book 1 by Juli D. Revezzo, fantasy, romance, pagan paranormal romance, read free with Kindle UnlimitedDruid Warrior's Heart, Celtic Stewards Chronicles, book 2 by Juli D. Revezzo, fantasy, romance, pagan paranormal romance, read free with Kindle Unlimited
Sing a Mournful Melody by Juli D. Revezzo, Gothic fiction, Vampire fiction, short storyChangeling's Crown by Juli D. Revezzo, New Adult, fantasy, romance, pagan paranormal romanceMurder Upon a Midnight Clear by Juli D. Revezzo, paranromal mystery, Christmas romance, pagan paranormal romance, read free with Kindle UnlimitedWatchmaker's Heart by Juli D. Revezzo, Steampunk romance, Victorian romance, read free with Kindle Unlimited
Bicycle Requiem by Juli D. Revezzo, Gothic fiction, zombie fiction, novelette, borrow with Kindle Unlimited

Social media



AmazonbloglovinFacebook

google+InstagramPinterest

twitter



Join my newsletter/mailing list and get a free story now!

* indicates required
Email Format

View previous campaigns.

Blog Archive

Moon

CURRENT MOON

Networked blogs