Beltane 2017 #MayDay2017 #Beltane #Mondayblogs

Queen Guinevere's Maying by John Collier, 1900


Blessed Beltane, my friends. May your early summer be merry, productive, and mild. I love this painting.  It reminds me of the "Lusty Month of May" song/scene in the Musical Camelot.




For us here, it's already warm  (it was 93° yesterday, y'all!). But yesterday morning, it wasn't too bad to keep out of the garden. Not a bad way to commemorate Beltane eve, honoring Blodeuwedd and Flora. :)  I cleared out some of the (very) dead flowers and added some new pretties. Unfortunately, not Hawthorne, (I don't even think I've ever seen that in our local nurseries!) I did bring home some purple flowers--bugleweed and Mexican heather.

Bugleweed
Ajuga reptans

Yes, lo and behold, I was able to pick up something with a magickal use at a local nursery. It's not every day that happens. :) I haven't found much about it beyond a few simple mentions around the web, (that it might be horehound [which, since Cunningham doesn't mention the name "bugleweed" at all, I'm not total certain of], that it's associated with Venus, and love and beauty) but I'm still looking. I'm a happy little pagan today.

For the week, I'll be babying them a bit and as for writing, I plan to finish the follow up to Druid Warrior's Heart and get it off to my editor soon-like.


(Oh, and if you're interested, the spring-return-related PNR Passion's Sacred Dance is on sale for one more day!)


For now, though, may your Beltane be mild and joyful! :)

Related posts:
***
 



Juli D. Revezzo is the author of the MOURNING DOVE LOCKET, the latest in the Antique Magic paranormal series, also the Celtic Stewards Chronicles fantasy romance series, as well as the Victorian Romance HOUSE OF DARK ENVY, among others. Her books are available at Amazon and elsewhere.

Share this:

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Welcome to the blog of author Juli D. Revezzo

Post a Comment