These early days of the new year

Sunday Post was conceived by Kimberly at Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
 
For a quick Sunday post, this week has been busy with revisions and looking over my journals for what I've written up so far this month. Paper journals. I'm already full of plans for ye old books, and happy to report I'm further ahead than I expected to be but then, most of my work was done by new year's eve, so technically, it's just continuing.

I also--unofficially--took a page from Bloggiesta and have pre-scheduled some posts. So, look for those this week, (and coming weeks). If you're a longtime follower of this blog--except for guest posts--you know I usually fly by the seat of my pants (like with this post, *coughcough*) so pre-writing blog posts engages a new thought process for me. I guess trying to plot that Nanowrimo book last November paid off elsewhere. We shall see if I can stick to that.

In between that, I acquired a new camera that I've been learning its ins and outs. If you follow me on Instagram,I'm sure you've seen some of my photographic attempts already. I've been playing with it just on manual--and I'm tickled pink that I now have that option, but! I will say, after years of using a fully automatic point-and-shoot, there's a bit of a learning curve, switching to manual.

But it is a new thing to learn, and ya'll know I like that. 


What I'm not sure I can do, blogging about my life being a bit more loosey-goosey,  is make a schedule and stick to it. Sure, there are certain things that fit on certain days; for instance, Music and movie posts seem to naturally fit on Monday, despite the meme title "Shuffle Saturday". They've always been Monday subjects for me, and I'd rather just keep it that way (see "trying to get posts scheduled" above), and naturally, the Sunday Post, will have to stay, well, on Sunday. I've also always liked, when I have them, to host guest authors on Mondays or at latest Wednesdays (preferably Monday, even though it conflicts with Music/Movie Monday). Let's face it, I don't always have anything to say about movies or music once a bloody week. I've been trying to get away from reviewing, altogether, anyway. More time for writing important stuff, like books! :) So...freeform babbling is (trying) to become my new friend. :) But never fear, that schedule will stay the same going forward.

Design.
I would also like to (I know, I know) tweak this bloody boring template a little more. That's going to take some serious looking into code, which takes time away from (see last point) actual writing. We'll see. I was able to tweak the font size (I think?) which has always been too small for my tastes. I hope it helps a bit.There might be a few wonky lines here and there while I figure out what all in the individual posts need fixing thanks to this tweak. (I hate CSS, don't you?!?)

So that's me so far this month. My blogger friends, how are y'all doing with your plans?

 
***
Juli D. Revezzo is the author of the MOURNING DOVE LOCKET, the latest in the Antique Magic paranormal series, also the Celtic Stewards Chronicles fantasy romance series, as well as the Gothic romance LADY OF THE TAROT. Her books are available at Amazon and elsewhere.

Share this:

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Welcome to the blog of author Juli D. Revezzo

Post a Comment