Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Still not sure about #Nanowrimo2016

Why do I say I'm "not sure"? (No, that's not a reference to Idiocracy!) Simply, if you've followed my blogs for any length of time you know I've tried Nanwrimo before. Even "won" one year.


I used it in... 2014 (I think?) with Mourning Dove Locket to get my head around that story. To be very honest, I think I crammed half of MDL into that last week of Nano that year. I attempted it with Druid Warrior's Heart for the same reason (um, switch 'em. DWH was in--oh, lord!, 2012); I finished DWH's November run getting real close that year. I think it was... 48,000 or something like that. I moved its forthcoming follow up into the next Nano (2013). Spent that year gussying up DWH, and as for the follow up?  Yes, you read right, it's still in the works. Ugh.(Strangely enough, LADY OF THE TAROT is one of the few manuscripts-in-progress that didn't get logged into NanoWrimo. I worked on it around all the others.)


I did attempt Camp Wrimo this summer. I had a  *cough* secret*cough* project I was trying to bulk up so it seemed like a good idea. But revisions of other things took precedence and so I ended up bowing out. I'm now almost done with that project (I think! I hope.)  As of yesterday, my total word count for the year was nothing to sneeze at, anyway. 111,930 words. Yeah. Twice as much as Nano's official (arbitrary) 50k (but I will admit, that is half the word count of the year before). Because? I'm  still revising the stuff from the year before (and from 2013, apparently)!
  
I've also had three releases this year, and this blog, and other stuff going on that requires the fingers and thinking of anything but new fictional text.


I do have two books I'm revising now (this month!), plus two more you haven't heard about yet, (one of which my friend is going to bop me if I don't get off my butt and get to releasing!) And one which I've been trying to get out to a beta reader since early 2015. (which I wrote something like 40,000 words of in two weeks of January, 2014, that one, if I remember. Hey, when the bug bites... :))


 Revising all that text is the biggest problem with Nano: forcing myself to write fast involves way less care to the writing and more revisions than I would have if I didn't cram a novel into one month. And yet, nearly 112k  this year, isn't anything to sneeze at. That's what comes from not scheduling myself to write only in one month. Sure the difference in word count from last year to this bugs me, but... I don't want to drop what I'm doing right now--revising one book I have to get out to my beta reader now now, and revising one she's already seen. Guess which one I want to release first? 


(My editor is going to bop me!) 



However, I did just sign in and fill out my "novel" info for this year. I'd like to do another Victorian Romance, but as you can see, I've got a lot of other more pressing revisions going on right now. So I don't know how far through it I'm going to be able to get before November 30th.



Point is, if you want to write, sit your butt down at the computer, sans social media!, and just write.  Even 400 words a day will get you there. You might surprise yourself with what you can do if you apply a little self-determination to mix.


So, I hope y'all do well in Nano this month, but I don't know how I'm going to do or how many official check ins I'll be able to make. If I can just get a good working title for the project besides "Character's Name's Victorian Romance", I might have something. :) I'd like to get beyond chapter one (yes, I confess, I have one chapter I've already written and been struggling with ever since), but we'll see. Good luck, everyone!





***
Juli D. Revezzo is the author of the MOURNING DOVE LOCKET, the latest in the Antique Magic paranormal series, also the Celtic Stewards Chronicles fantasy romance series, as well as the Gothic romance LADY OF THE TAROT. Her books are available at Amazon and elsewhere.
Post a Comment

Juli's Books

Available at now at Itunes:
Bicycle Requiem

Amazon. Some also available at Audible, Barnes and Noble, Smashwords and Createspace and now Google Play
Bicycle Requiem by Juli D. Revezzo, Gothic fiction, zombie fiction, novelette, Amazon kindle, Itunes, Google Play
Now at Google Play and
Itunes!
x
Passion's Sacred Dance, Celtic Stewards Chronicles, book 1 by Juli D. Revezzo, fantasy, romance, pagan paranormal romance, read free with Kindle Unlimited
free with Audible trial, Watchmaker's Heart by Juli D. Revezzo, Steampunk romance, Victorian romance, audiobook
New audiobook @ Audible
Frigga's
audiobook @ Audible
Victorian romance, historical romance, Juli D. Revezzo, historical romance, read free with Amazon Prime, Kindle UnlimitedThe Artist's Inheritance, Antique Magic book 1, by Juli D. Revezzo, Gothic fiction, witch fiction, pagan paranormal fictionCaitlin's Book of Shadows, Antique Magic book 2, by Juli D. Revezzo, short fiction, free ebook, witch fiction, pagan paranormal fiction
FREE ON ALL VENUES
Drawing Down the Shades, Antique Magic book 3, by Juli D. Revezzo, Gothic fiction, witch fiction, pagan paranormal fictionLady of the Tarot by Juli D. Revezzo, Gothic romance, historical romance, tarot
House of Cards, Reign of Tarot book 1, by Juli D. Revezzo, pagan paranormal fiction, witch fiction, tarot-themed fiction, Gothic fiction, supernatural horrorSing a Mournful Melody by Juli D. Revezzo, Gothic fiction, Vampire fiction, short storyChangeling's Crown by Juli D. Revezzo, New Adult, fantasy, romance, pagan paranormal romance, Google Play, Itunes
Now at Google Play
Murder Upon a Midnight Clear by Juli D. Revezzo, paranromal mystery, Christmas romance, pagan paranormal romance, read free with Kindle UnlimitedWatchmaker's Heart by Juli D. Revezzo, Steampunk romance, Victorian romance, read free with Kindle Unlimitedx

Social media



AmazonbloglovinFacebook

google+InstagramPinterest

twitter



Join my newsletter/mailing list and get a free story now!

* indicates required
Email Format

View previous campaigns.

Nanowrimo 2017

Blog Archive

Moon

CURRENT MOON

Networked blogs