Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Nanowrimo--day 16 Are we making progress? #amwriting #Nanowrimo16

Two weeks in and ...well? I've got just over 21,000 words in my Nanowrimo project and steaming hopefully toward 25k--which is much more than I had before! And you know what? I might not have to throw all of them out in the second draft. Or if I do, oh well. I'll live.

And don't say I would be further along if I wasn't watching videos like Rachael Stephens' on Youtube. I indulge in some mindless Youtube surfing after doing my words for the day--or when recharging. I can't be the only one who does that. Right? (Right?)

At any rate, I haven't updated my total yet. That's on the list of projects for tonight, if I can squeeze it in. I did so much yesterday, I'm surprised my fingers aren't stiff and protesting too much for me to write anything the rest of the week.
Yeah, it hurts.

 I've had a bit of a breakthrough though, in that I tried making a tentative *shudder* outline for what's to happen in the next section of the story. *Sshhh* Don't tell the muse!

Outlining has never gone well for me.Well, realistically, maybe what I've done is more like a list than an outline. Yeah, that won't scare the muse off. ;) We'll see how much I stick to it in the next 30,000 words. It was inspired by Linda Barsi's idea here.

I have to be honest, for the most part I seem to have done this kind of thing for a while now. However, I don't usually write it out 1. 2. 3. Usually I'll go "This first, this last. More WTFstuff comes here in the middle". :) With this one, my outline has looked like: "This first and...um...um...um...?"  Which I haven't used as a writing model for ...well, years.So when I hit that um...um...um...stage I thought, "aw, heck, let's try an outline". So I'm hoping the "outline" will get me a wee bit further.

Out from under the "planning as I go" stage, I can say I've hit that point in my Nano project where I feel other projects in different stages whispering "Come edit me! Aren't I ugly enough for your attention? MeMeMe!" Anyone else hear that?


No? Just me?


Oooookkkkkaaaayyyyy! *Whistles* Going back to my little rubber haunted room now.

and I would just like to say if I didn't have my crockpot and got all the week's cooking done on Monday, I 'm not sure I would've gotten that 22,000 words done by this point. Now if I could just have one for the blogging....

Those of you who are participating in Nanowrimo, how are you doing, thus far? 



****
 
Juli D. Revezzo is the author of the MOURNING DOVE LOCKET, the latest in the Antique Magic paranormal series, also the Celtic Stewards Chronicles fantasy romance series, as well as the Gothic romance LADY OF THE TAROT. Her books are available at Amazon and elsewhere.
 
Typer image via Pexels.com
Post a Comment

Juli's Books

Available at Amazon. Some also available at Audible, Barnes and Noble, Smashwords and Createspace.
Frigga's
New audiobook @ Audible
Victorian romance, historical romance, Juli D. Revezzo, historical romance, read free with Amazon Prime, Kindle Unlimited
The Artist's Inheritance, Antique Magic book 1, by Juli D. Revezzo, Gothic fiction, witch fiction, pagan paranormal fictionCaitlin's Book of Shadows, Antique Magic book 2, by Juli D. Revezzo, short fiction, free ebook, witch fiction, pagan paranormal fictionDrawing Down the Shades, Antique Magic book 3, by Juli D. Revezzo, Gothic fiction, witch fiction, pagan paranormal fiction
Lady of the Tarot by Juli D. Revezzo, Gothic romance, historical romance, tarotHouse of Cards, Reign of Tarot book 1, by Juli D. Revezzo, pagan paranormal fiction, witch fiction, tarot-themed fiction, Gothic fiction, supernatural horrorPassion's Sacred Dance, Celtic Stewards Chronicles, book 1 by Juli D. Revezzo, fantasy, romance, pagan paranormal romance, read free with Kindle UnlimitedDruid Warrior's Heart, Celtic Stewards Chronicles, book 2 by Juli D. Revezzo, fantasy, romance, pagan paranormal romance, read free with Kindle Unlimited
Sing a Mournful Melody by Juli D. Revezzo, Gothic fiction, Vampire fiction, short storyChangeling's Crown by Juli D. Revezzo, New Adult, fantasy, romance, pagan paranormal romanceMurder Upon a Midnight Clear by Juli D. Revezzo, paranromal mystery, Christmas romance, pagan paranormal romance, read free with Kindle UnlimitedWatchmaker's Heart by Juli D. Revezzo, Steampunk romance, Victorian romance, read free with Kindle Unlimited
Bicycle Requiem by Juli D. Revezzo, Gothic fiction, zombie fiction, novelette, borrow with Kindle Unlimited

Social media



AmazonbloglovinFacebook

google+InstagramPinterest

twitter



Join my newsletter/mailing list and get a free story now!

* indicates required
Email Format

View previous campaigns.

Blog Archive

Moon

CURRENT MOON

Networked blogs