Friday, November 4, 2016

Addendum to last post about #Nanowrimo2016--or, slowing down when?

And then, Aine Orga reminds me, this being the tail end of the year, just after Samhain, and just before Winter Solstice, it's more the time to slow down than speed up. Time to give ourselves a break.

Which puts the thought back in my mind why the hell is Nanowrimo scheduled in November?!?

I mean, realistically,  I get why they chose November: To give us poor, broke authors time to create something for Xmas gifts. But that doesn't factor in time for your beta readers to read your crap first draft, nor time for you to revise it, and get it back to your editor, and them time to read it, and you time to sulk and revise it and sulk some more.

Just to give you a bit more realistic look at how long it may take to produce gold from your Nano coal: Lady of the Tarot took me six years from seed of first idea (before I discovered Nano, to be frank, but ironically, about the same time of year) t'ill the day I felt it ready to hit publish.

Six years for one book, but that was actually a really, really teeth-pulling project. At one point, my good friend that eggs me on thought for sure our dear Lady wouldn't see the light of day, ever.

 And that, my friends,is why I have so many writing projects going at once. I'm sure it's probably the same for all my other published writer friends. Our Nano projects are just one more for the "soon to be revised" piles.

(Case in point: even though I wrote in my last post that I want to whip my barely-started Victorian into shape, Caitlin's got a great idea she's wanting me to steam ahead at, too. And she may actually take point. Too bad Nano doesn't give you slots for multiple projects. :))

So I don't know...We'll see how my Nanowrimo run turns out this year. Anybody got a brand new set of fingers I can borrow this month?
***
Juli D. Revezzo is the author of the MOURNING DOVE LOCKET, the latest in the Antique Magic paranormal series, also the Celtic Stewards Chronicles fantasy romance series, as well as the Gothic romance LADY OF THE TAROT. Her books are available at Amazon and elsewhere.
Post a Comment

Juli's Books

Available at Amazon. Some also available at Audible, Barnes and Noble, Smashwords and Createspace.
Frigga's
New audiobook @ Audible
Victorian romance, historical romance, Juli D. Revezzo, historical romance, read free with Amazon Prime, Kindle Unlimited
The Artist's Inheritance, Antique Magic book 1, by Juli D. Revezzo, Gothic fiction, witch fiction, pagan paranormal fictionCaitlin's Book of Shadows, Antique Magic book 2, by Juli D. Revezzo, short fiction, free ebook, witch fiction, pagan paranormal fictionDrawing Down the Shades, Antique Magic book 3, by Juli D. Revezzo, Gothic fiction, witch fiction, pagan paranormal fiction
Lady of the Tarot by Juli D. Revezzo, Gothic romance, historical romance, tarotHouse of Cards, Reign of Tarot book 1, by Juli D. Revezzo, pagan paranormal fiction, witch fiction, tarot-themed fiction, Gothic fiction, supernatural horrorPassion's Sacred Dance, Celtic Stewards Chronicles, book 1 by Juli D. Revezzo, fantasy, romance, pagan paranormal romance, read free with Kindle UnlimitedDruid Warrior's Heart, Celtic Stewards Chronicles, book 2 by Juli D. Revezzo, fantasy, romance, pagan paranormal romance, read free with Kindle Unlimited
Sing a Mournful Melody by Juli D. Revezzo, Gothic fiction, Vampire fiction, short storyChangeling's Crown by Juli D. Revezzo, New Adult, fantasy, romance, pagan paranormal romanceMurder Upon a Midnight Clear by Juli D. Revezzo, paranromal mystery, Christmas romance, pagan paranormal romance, read free with Kindle UnlimitedWatchmaker's Heart by Juli D. Revezzo, Steampunk romance, Victorian romance, read free with Kindle Unlimited
Bicycle Requiem by Juli D. Revezzo, Gothic fiction, zombie fiction, novelette, borrow with Kindle Unlimited

Social media



AmazonbloglovinFacebook

google+InstagramPinterest

twitter



Join my newsletter/mailing list and get a free story now!

* indicates required
Email Format

View previous campaigns.

Blog Archive

Moon

CURRENT MOON

Networked blogs