Sunday, September 11, 2016

The week of September 5th at the tribal grounds


Sunday Post was conceived by Kimberly at Caffeinated Book Reviewer.

This week at the tribal grounds has been one of waiting and of overthinking. Yes, I do tend to worry about stupid stuff a lot. Especially this time of year. Why? I don't know. I guess, despite whether it's still 90+ degrees out, something in my internal clock feels the ass dark end of the year coming. So what I meant to get done on the blog I didn't. (Yes, Lola, I did not forget your photography post! *taps temple* I still have it kicking around in my head for you, and I will get it written, eventually).



What I managed to get done this week:


Knitting! I've been doing a lot of knitting, especially the last two days, to just do something constructive. I've had a project I've been working on as gifts to friends, since...shew. June(?). I think I started them in June. Anyway, I finished one this week, but for the ties, and I started the one for my other friend (which might explain why I'm having a little pain in my hand!). So, a little progress was made there.



What I read this week:


I made some work of my reading, but there's not much to report there. The two books were, really, on the order of short stories. The Daily Journal was especially that, little more than maybe 10 pages, with lots of blank pages for...well, journaling. It would work better as a paperback, methinks. The other "book" was called Brand Your Blog by  Jessica Stott. It was... Wordpress-centric, and well, I'm on blogger (for reasons). It too was incredibly short (about the length of my short story Sing a Mournful Melody), and I couldn't find the promised other three titles in the series. I wonder if she decided against releasing them or ...? I don't know. Anyway, it had some helpful things to check into but on the whole, wasn't for me. I would be curious to take a look at the other books in the series, however.



Books I got this week:


The Shadow Rises (witch Hunter, book 1) by K.S. Marsden
(It looked interesting, and a little creepy! Perfect for the Halloween reading season? We shall see.)
 and

Traitor's Curse by Beth Trissel (historical romance). I read the first book in the series and loved it. Just hadn't gotten around to getting this one yet.



What we had for dinner:


I've been making chicken in our crockpot lately and it's become the favorite dinner in our house. One package of boneless chicken breasts, some red potatoes, some carrots and chicken bouillon. I let it cook for four-five hours and it is tasty! It lasts us all week, too. :) My hubby's a simple guy and he likes the same things, so when we latch onto something we like, we have it until we grow sick of it. *lol* But it's ggggggggoooooooooooooooooodddd.



What I blogged this week:


I guess you can tell I didn't do much on the blog this week. I published my wrap up post for Tarot Perspectives (here) and the one Youtube Pagan challenge based post on  crystals (3 or so ways I use crystals). *sheepish grin* I guess they wore my brain out. But I got the galleys for my new/forthcoming novel (if you're curious it's a novel related to my story House of Cards) in yesterday, so I guess I needed the break?


And finally, one photo. I have always been tickled that we have ibises around here. When I was younger I enjoyed Egyptian mythology and in it, the god Thoth was depicted as having the head of an ibis. He was god of writing and knowledge, so as a (former) college student, and a writer, I was always partial to him. So imagine my surprise when, not too long after we bought our house, we found a flock of ibises in the backyard (possibly eating the grass seed my husband had put out, so that was annoying) but it's always neat to see them loping around town. So they aren't so strange to see.


What is an unusual sight is to see them like this!


ibis in trees by Juli D. Revezzo

I have never in my life seen one in the trees. And this day, at the park, there were many up there. Taking refuge from the heat on the ground, no doubt. But still, it was neat!

So that was us. What will I be doing this week? Why, edits, of course, and I have a guest coming up on my blog (and hoping for no misfires! *glares at blogger scheduling module*). So look out for that. In the meantime, have a great week, everyone!


****


 ****

Did you enjoy this post? Please subscribe for more!
Follow
 

Juli D. Revezzo is the author of Mourning Dove Locket, the next in the Antique Magic paranormal series, and the Celtic Stewards Chronicles fantasy romance series, as well as the Steampunk romance Watchmaker's Heart. Her books are available at Amazon and elsewhere.


Post a Comment

Juli's Books

Available at now at Itunes:
Bicycle Requiem

Amazon. Some also available at Audible, Barnes and Noble, Smashwords and Createspace and now Google Play
Bicycle Requiem by Juli D. Revezzo, Gothic fiction, zombie fiction, novelette, Amazon kindle, Itunes, Google Play
Now at Google Play and
Itunes!
x
Passion's Sacred Dance, Celtic Stewards Chronicles, book 1 by Juli D. Revezzo, fantasy, romance, pagan paranormal romance, read free with Kindle Unlimited
free with Audible trial, Watchmaker's Heart by Juli D. Revezzo, Steampunk romance, Victorian romance, audiobook
New audiobook @ Audible
Frigga's
audiobook @ Audible
Victorian romance, historical romance, Juli D. Revezzo, historical romance, read free with Amazon Prime, Kindle UnlimitedThe Artist's Inheritance, Antique Magic book 1, by Juli D. Revezzo, Gothic fiction, witch fiction, pagan paranormal fictionCaitlin's Book of Shadows, Antique Magic book 2, by Juli D. Revezzo, short fiction, free ebook, witch fiction, pagan paranormal fiction
FREE ON ALL VENUES
Drawing Down the Shades, Antique Magic book 3, by Juli D. Revezzo, Gothic fiction, witch fiction, pagan paranormal fictionLady of the Tarot by Juli D. Revezzo, Gothic romance, historical romance, tarot
House of Cards, Reign of Tarot book 1, by Juli D. Revezzo, pagan paranormal fiction, witch fiction, tarot-themed fiction, Gothic fiction, supernatural horrorSing a Mournful Melody by Juli D. Revezzo, Gothic fiction, Vampire fiction, short storyChangeling's Crown by Juli D. Revezzo, New Adult, fantasy, romance, pagan paranormal romance, Google Play, Itunes
Now at Google Play
Murder Upon a Midnight Clear by Juli D. Revezzo, paranromal mystery, Christmas romance, pagan paranormal romance, read free with Kindle UnlimitedWatchmaker's Heart by Juli D. Revezzo, Steampunk romance, Victorian romance, read free with Kindle Unlimitedx

Social media



AmazonbloglovinFacebook

google+InstagramPinterest

twitter



Join my newsletter/mailing list and get a free story now!

* indicates required
Email Format

View previous campaigns.

Nanowrimo 2017

Blog Archive

Moon

CURRENT MOON

Networked blogs