A busy yet quiet week--Sunday September 4


Sunday Post was conceived by Kimberly at Caffeinated Book Reviewer.



coffee cup photo: Free digital Photos
Good morning, all! (*checks time* Yep, morning!) I hope everyone is doing good this fine Sunday morning. *Raises coffee cup* I am.  Boy it was a slow week here. What's that? Oh you heard. Yes, Tuesday we had a little visit from the Hurricane Faery. The bit--was kind to us, though, thankfully. She just pis--er, dumped a whole lot of rain on us. Our friends to the north weren't so lucky, and if you happen to somehow be reading me from one of those counties (I hope you have your power back by now!) my thoughts go out to you. I remember one particular hurricane season that took our power for two weeks. It wasn't so bad, except it knocked out the pumping station. Let me tell ya, I could take the heat and darkness, but that ...was not fun.

Anyway, luckily, for us here in our tribal grounds, we didn't get much but rain and wind, but we didn't even lose any tree limbs. Only 12 more weeks of hurricane season to go. Hang in there, my friends!

On the reading front, of course, I did more. :) This week I've added The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd to my reading pile. I enjoyed her books The Mermaid Chair and The Secret Life of Bees years ago so I finally got around to picking up the last novel she wrote. So, looking forward to that. I do feel a little burnt out on fiction, so I'll be switching to my non-fiction pile here for a bit. (Speaking of, I keep meaning to add that I acquired Traitor's Curse by Beth Trissel (Romance), The Shadow Rises by K.S. Marsden (paranormal),  Witch's Cursed Cabin by Marsha A. Moore (new adult PNR), and  Triumph of the Moon by Ronald Hutton to my TBR pile. I got that from a friend a few weeks ago and just keep forgetting to add it to these posts. First impressions? The formatter should be flogged--the text is teeny tiny! *laughs* But I'll dive into it, nonetheless.Oh well.  Here I am trying to whittle down my piles and I keep adding more. *innocent look* Who, me? A book hoarder? :)

Oh, and I received a tea sample from Mia that smells divine. I can't wait to try it!

And I received a copy of the Moon Phases Oracle that I ordered. :) It arrived quickly, I must say. I'm glad I was able to find it; this looks to be the last printing!

What I'm reading right now:
 I started Rake and Romance by Suzanne G. Rogers and read a little more in Michael Moorcock's City in the Autumn Stars. I'm not sure why that one's taking me so long. I enjoy the tar out of it. I think it's because it's part of a heavy anthology. Something. Or maybe because I like the characters, love the world, I don't want it to be over yet! ;) I'm about halfway through it and continuing on...

Blogging

As you know, I posted a few more "tarot exploration/perspective" posts. and  outside that, I uploaded a PaganYoutube Challenge video to my youtube channel, if you'd like to take a peek, and recorded a second I need to upload.  And I had a guest this week:

Bewitching Book Tour--and my guest Rayna Noire covering her new release Glimmer. The post comes with a giveaway so don't miss out on that.

By the way, the giveaway for my novel Watchmaker's Heart post that keeps getting retweeted on Twitter (???), that is long over. Sorry about that folks. But if you'd like the book's still available on Amazon or to borrow if you have Amazon Prime.

And my other posts:

Vigil of the Bulls by Jolene Dawe--Review.

Top Ten books I'd want my students to read (Which is actually more like a top 20!)

I also popped up a little addendum to my first post on the Ace of Pentacles.

And one on the Two of Wands that almost rounds out the Tarot Perspective challenge.

I did a little finishing up of a manuscript I've been working on forever...for the last four years. I have a proof copy of my next book winging its way to me. And...that's the extent of my week! I hope y'all had a good one.



Please use this tweet button:

Related Posts

Did you enjoy this post? Please subscribe for more!
Follow

Juli D. Revezzo is the author of the Antique Magic paranormal series and the Celtic Stewards Chronicles fantasy romance series, as well as the Steampunk romance Watchmaker's Heart. Her books are available at Amazon and elsewhere.

Share this:

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Welcome to the blog of author Juli D. Revezzo

Post a Comment