Thursday, August 18, 2016

Top Ten Books With X Setting--fantasy settings I'd love to visit.

top ten Tuesday banner
A meme by the Broke and the Bookish.



The question for this week (and yes, I realize I'm late!) was your Top Ten Books With X Setting (top ten books set near the beach, top ten book set in boarding school, top ten books set in England, etc) you'd like to visit.

I chose fantasy settings. :)


Temple Dragons, Thailand by Simon/All Free stock photos, my top fantasy worlds to visit
Temple Dragons, Thailand by Simon/All Free stock photos
My top ten Fantasy settings
(in no particular order, really)

1. Camelot. Come on, think about it. King Arthur, knights. Avalon? Enchanted Wells? King Arthur? Why wouldn't I want to visit (and probably stay in!) Camelot?

2. Michael Moorcock's Melniboné. This is set in the beautiful and corrupt world of Melniboné, and is rife with dragons and sorcerers. who needs more? :) I didn't know it when I first read the books, but now that I look back on it the Dreaming City of Imrryr feels very baroque, to me.

3. The Duke's East, Three Firs and their surrounding counties, from Elizabeth Moon's Deed of Paksenarrion. This series is set in a gritty countryside kingdom. Its landscapes remind me of the rolling farmlands of North Carolina in certain ways.

4. Petaybee from Powers that Be by Anne McCaffrery. This one took place in a futuristic Alaska, but add in beautiful waterfalls and the existence of ...well, no spoilers but "certain creatures" and I'm sold! If its inhabitants could just do something about the incredibly cold weather, I'd be there.

5. The world of Game of Thrones. The landscapes are diverse and vast. I think I'd like to visit the Southern Islands, myself.

6. Neo Seoul from Cloud Atlas. I have to admit, this book is still on my TBR list, but I love the movie. So yes, I'd like to visit Neo Seoul. (not sure you'd be able to get me out on one of those extending walkways the rebels use, however. Eep!

7. Tolkien's Rivendell. The pastoral, peaceful beauty of it, the very artistic houses, wouldn't it be a lovely place to spend a week in. It's relaxing just thinking about it!

8. Tortall. The Medieval-esque world of Tamora Pierce's Alanna series. I'd love to see the castles and schools.Also, a visit to Port Cayann might be fun. :)

9. Anne McCaffrey's Pern. I'd love to visit the dragon caves, and see Thread falling, as well as seeing the Dragon Riders at work!

10. 10 was hard to come up with. There are a lot of books that tumble through my mind--I'd say Piers Anthony's Xanth, but it's basically Florida so.  Ha! I'm there. I've seen it. More come to mind like Melanie Rawn's Lenfell from Ruins of Ambrai, (except for the slavery they engage it it'd be wonderful) the world in Michael Moorcock's Corum series (which I can't remember or find the full name of, but yes. That world), even (and I hesitate to add this because of the icky controversy surrounding her) Marion Zimmer Bradley's version of Avalon.Thus, we cycle back around to Camelot. :)

What are your top ten fantasy world destinations?



Related Posts:

Please use this tweet button:
Post a Comment

Juli's Books

Available at Amazon. Some also available at Audible, Barnes and Noble, Smashwords and Createspace.
Passion's Sacred Dance, Celtic Stewards Chronicles, book 1 by Juli D. Revezzo, fantasy, romance, pagan paranormal romance, read free with Kindle Unlimitedfree with Audible trial, Watchmaker's Heart by Juli D. Revezzo, Steampunk romance, Victorian romance, audiobook
New audiobook @ Audible
Frigga's

audiobook @ Audible
Victorian romance, historical romance, Juli D. Revezzo, historical romance, read free with Amazon Prime, Kindle UnlimitedThe Artist's Inheritance, Antique Magic book 1, by Juli D. Revezzo, Gothic fiction, witch fiction, pagan paranormal fiction
Caitlin's Book of Shadows, Antique Magic book 2, by Juli D. Revezzo, short fiction, free ebook, witch fiction, pagan paranormal fiction
FREE ON ALL VENUES
Drawing Down the Shades, Antique Magic book 3, by Juli D. Revezzo, Gothic fiction, witch fiction, pagan paranormal fiction
Lady of the Tarot by Juli D. Revezzo, Gothic romance, historical romance, tarotHouse of Cards, Reign of Tarot book 1, by Juli D. Revezzo, pagan paranormal fiction, witch fiction, tarot-themed fiction, Gothic fiction, supernatural horrorSing a Mournful Melody by Juli D. Revezzo, Gothic fiction, Vampire fiction, short story
Changeling's Crown by Juli D. Revezzo, New Adult, fantasy, romance, pagan paranormal romanceMurder Upon a Midnight Clear by Juli D. Revezzo, paranromal mystery, Christmas romance, pagan paranormal romance, read free with Kindle UnlimitedWatchmaker's Heart by Juli D. Revezzo, Steampunk romance, Victorian romance, read free with Kindle Unlimited
Bicycle Requiem by Juli D. Revezzo, Gothic fiction, zombie fiction, novelette, borrow with Kindle Unlimited

Social media



AmazonbloglovinFacebook

google+InstagramPinterest

twitter



Join my newsletter/mailing list and get a free story now!

* indicates required
Email Format

View previous campaigns.

Nanowrimo 2017

Blog Archive

Moon

CURRENT MOON

Networked blogs