Tuesday, August 23, 2016

10 Books On Your TBR pile From Before You Started Blogging That You STILL Haven't Read Yet


A meme by the Broke and the Bookish.
This week's topic: Ten Books That Have Been On Your Shelf (Or TBR) From Before You Started Blogging That You STILL Haven't Read Yet

Oh, let's see... This is easy. Sort of. In fact it would be very easy to double the number! I've been blogging for many years; my first site was built in 2000 and centered around, you guessed it, books (yes, that long ago), and (unrelated) I've been collecting books for longer than that. So I've got a huge collection. Alas, yes, there are books on the shelves I've never gotten around to reading, even though I've meant to. In no particular order:

The Fortress of Grey Ice by J.V. Jones.
I started the series, with the first book, never actually finished it, and so that left book 2 sitting on my shelf. I loved her other series.I don't know why I couldn't finish this one.


 Lady of the Forest by Jennifer Roberson.
Like Fortress, I keep meaning to get to this one and just haven't had a chance. I like the era, I like the character of Robin Hood, I like Jennifer's writing, I just haven't got to this one yet.


In Conquest Born by C.S. Friedman
Another I bought round about 2004, with the intention of reading years ago.

Idoru by William Gibson.
Probably got this one around 2005. Nope. Still haven't read it.

The Ten Thousand by Michael Curtis Ford.
I got this around 2002 in another fit of trying to find something different to read, still haven't gotten to it. (Jo, you want a book?)

The Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula K. LeGuin
Another, got but not yet read. Luckily, this one was only bought, like, last year.

Decision at Doona by Anne McCaffrey
I bought this book the year she died, yes five years ago, or the year after, I forget which but it was fairly soon after she passed.

Bard by Morgan Llywelyn

Red Branch by Morgan Llywelyn
Yep, yep. Had these a few years (since 2010?) and I've put them on and off my reading list for years. They're back on so I hope to get to them this year.


The Trouble With Demons by Lisa Shearin.
I got this (brand new) right after I read Armed and Magical, about the time it came out. Alas, it too still sits there.

The Opposite of Fate  and also The Hundred Secret Senses by Amy Tan.
I read The Bonesetter's Daughter, The Kitchen God's Wife, and The Joy Luck Club in 2004 and 2005, fell in love, so got this one. My relationship with literary fiction waxes and wanes and, these two poor books, it waned before I got to them. I still love Amy Tan's stuff, though. Definitely check them out if you haven't!

Also, Eleanor of Aquitaine and the Four Kings  by Amy Kelly and Duchess of Aquitaine by Margaret Ball, when I was in a fit of reading about the queen. I have actually read bits and pieces of Eleanor and the Four Kings, though.

Why haven't I gone back and read any of these? *shrugs* My own writing got in the way, interest in the titles waned, ebook reading got in the way, review reading got in the way (when I was reviewing).  In some cases (like The Ten Thousand and Duchess of Aquitane) I decided I'd rather read non-fiction about those subjects. Take your pick. And too, I think some of these were bought not just out of sheer curiosity, but as a learning tool while I was digging around getting a handle on writing, and deciding what to concentrate on (Or I'm just a book collector, that has a lot to do with it too). I'll probably get to them some day or thin the herd, but gods know, other books will take their places. :)

Ooops! That's more than ten. So what are your "books you haven't gotten to yet"? Do you have any?

****


Please use this tweet button:


Did you enjoy this post? Please subscribe for more!
Follow
 
 
Related Posts:

 
Juli D. Revezzo is the author of the Antique Magic paranormal series and the Celtic Stewards Chronicles fantasy romance series, as well as the Steampunk romance Watchmaker's Heart. Her books are available at Amazon and elsewhere.
Post a Comment

Juli's Books

Available at Amazon. Some also available at Audible, Barnes and Noble, Smashwords and Createspace.
Passion's Sacred Dance, Celtic Stewards Chronicles, book 1 by Juli D. Revezzo, fantasy, romance, pagan paranormal romance, read free with Kindle Unlimitedfree with Audible trial, Watchmaker's Heart by Juli D. Revezzo, Steampunk romance, Victorian romance, audiobook
New audiobook @ Audible
Frigga's

audiobook @ Audible
Victorian romance, historical romance, Juli D. Revezzo, historical romance, read free with Amazon Prime, Kindle UnlimitedThe Artist's Inheritance, Antique Magic book 1, by Juli D. Revezzo, Gothic fiction, witch fiction, pagan paranormal fiction
Caitlin's Book of Shadows, Antique Magic book 2, by Juli D. Revezzo, short fiction, free ebook, witch fiction, pagan paranormal fiction
FREE ON ALL VENUES
Drawing Down the Shades, Antique Magic book 3, by Juli D. Revezzo, Gothic fiction, witch fiction, pagan paranormal fiction
Lady of the Tarot by Juli D. Revezzo, Gothic romance, historical romance, tarotHouse of Cards, Reign of Tarot book 1, by Juli D. Revezzo, pagan paranormal fiction, witch fiction, tarot-themed fiction, Gothic fiction, supernatural horrorSing a Mournful Melody by Juli D. Revezzo, Gothic fiction, Vampire fiction, short story
Changeling's Crown by Juli D. Revezzo, New Adult, fantasy, romance, pagan paranormal romanceMurder Upon a Midnight Clear by Juli D. Revezzo, paranromal mystery, Christmas romance, pagan paranormal romance, read free with Kindle UnlimitedWatchmaker's Heart by Juli D. Revezzo, Steampunk romance, Victorian romance, read free with Kindle Unlimited
Bicycle Requiem by Juli D. Revezzo, Gothic fiction, zombie fiction, novelette, borrow with Kindle Unlimited

Social media



AmazonbloglovinFacebook

google+InstagramPinterest

twitter



Join my newsletter/mailing list and get a free story now!

* indicates required
Email Format

View previous campaigns.

Nanowrimo 2017

Blog Archive

Moon

CURRENT MOON

Networked blogs