Sunday, August 21, 2016

Sunday Post--For the week of 8/15/2016


Sunday Post was conceived by Kimberly at Caffeinated Book Reviewer.


What I've read this week:

 

Green Rider by Kristen Britain--yep. Still plodding along in that one.I'm only about a third of the way through it. It's not that it's not good, just ...slower than I'd hoped.

 
 Also reading a bit of non-fiction, Vigil of the Bulls, by Jolene Dawe.
 
 
 
Last week on the blog:
 
Well, in truth I'm going back two weeks now, aren't I?  There has been lots and lots of work going on behind the scenes. I meant to put this up last weekend but...well, the weekends are no good for internet stuff. But no doubt you've noticed all the work that's gone on around here. I tweeked some of the look (again), and looked into Google Analytics for the blog. Color me confused! Not sure I necessarily need that given how the blog has its own, and shares out to Google+. Any thoughts, y'all?
 
Now that that's settled down, I can sorta breathe again (sort of).

What I posted:


The post yesterday announcing Jolene's new book--Yea, Jolene!


This top 10.

This on the #tarotperspectives challenge. The queen of Pentacles.

and this one on the dreaded Devil card.

and, in case you missed it, this one about the blog post and giveaway regarding my Victorian romance novel, Watchmaker's Heart.




Other News:


Aside from that I went out to the park last weekend and caught a few really good pictures of a turtle. Big, huge turtle too. That's one of the things I love of about our park, besides the nice path that gives me no choice but to get some exercise, there's always some lovely animal to catch on film. Most of them like to try to get away from me ("Oh, lord, there's the girl with the camera. Quick, hide!" ). It seems like it, definitely. Especially when it comes to the birds. But sometimes I get lucky, like last weekend and this huge (okay, I've seen bigger but still) turtle crossed right in our path. Stopped traffic on the path for a while too. It was pretty darned neat.


And on a totemic/esoteric level, I've read that, if turtle has a meaning for you it's: slow down, slow and steady wins the race. It's a-okay to take your time. But..but, Turtle dear, do you realize the year's half-gone? (Yeppers, ain't that something, folks?) School's already back in session! Yeesh! I meant to have so much more done by now. Feh. So I continue to plod along.

Writing Update:

Also, I've gone back to actual business and writing. Butt in chair only works if you're typing the right kinds of words and me, that's fiction, baby, all fiction every day! :) I should get said-story off to my editor by the time you read this. I hope.

New books on the pile?
Poseidon of the Ponds, which I posted about yesterday.
Heart of Stone by Willa Blair (romance)

So, it was a slim buying week. If you're a book horder--um, reader--what'd you get?


PS. Apparently, in this new template, the comments are there. They're just not showing unless you click "Post comment". Oh, the joys of templates! *snort* That was facetious, by the way. I was serious when I threatened to learn to write my own! ;)

  ****
 

Did you enjoy this post? Please subscribe for more!

Follow

Related Posts
Frustrating Week take 2
Saturday snaps, updates and reading
A Busy, yet Quiet Week

Juli D. Revezzo is the author of the Antique Magic paranormal series and the Celtic Stewards Chronicles fantasy romance series, as well as the Steampunk romance Watchmaker's Heart. Her books are available at Amazon and elsewhere.

 
 
Calendar template from Freepik.com
Post a Comment

Juli's Books

Available at now at Itunes:
Bicycle Requiem

Amazon. Some also available at Audible, Barnes and Noble, Smashwords and Createspace and now Google Play
Bicycle Requiem by Juli D. Revezzo, Gothic fiction, zombie fiction, novelette, Amazon kindle, Itunes, Google Play
Now at Google Play and
Itunes!
x
Passion's Sacred Dance, Celtic Stewards Chronicles, book 1 by Juli D. Revezzo, fantasy, romance, pagan paranormal romance, read free with Kindle Unlimited
free with Audible trial, Watchmaker's Heart by Juli D. Revezzo, Steampunk romance, Victorian romance, audiobook
New audiobook @ Audible
Frigga's
audiobook @ Audible
Victorian romance, historical romance, Juli D. Revezzo, historical romance, read free with Amazon Prime, Kindle UnlimitedThe Artist's Inheritance, Antique Magic book 1, by Juli D. Revezzo, Gothic fiction, witch fiction, pagan paranormal fictionCaitlin's Book of Shadows, Antique Magic book 2, by Juli D. Revezzo, short fiction, free ebook, witch fiction, pagan paranormal fiction
FREE ON ALL VENUES
Drawing Down the Shades, Antique Magic book 3, by Juli D. Revezzo, Gothic fiction, witch fiction, pagan paranormal fictionLady of the Tarot by Juli D. Revezzo, Gothic romance, historical romance, tarot
House of Cards, Reign of Tarot book 1, by Juli D. Revezzo, pagan paranormal fiction, witch fiction, tarot-themed fiction, Gothic fiction, supernatural horrorSing a Mournful Melody by Juli D. Revezzo, Gothic fiction, Vampire fiction, short storyChangeling's Crown by Juli D. Revezzo, New Adult, fantasy, romance, pagan paranormal romance, Google Play, Itunes
Now at Google Play
Murder Upon a Midnight Clear by Juli D. Revezzo, paranromal mystery, Christmas romance, pagan paranormal romance, read free with Kindle UnlimitedWatchmaker's Heart by Juli D. Revezzo, Steampunk romance, Victorian romance, read free with Kindle Unlimitedx

Social media



AmazonbloglovinFacebook

google+InstagramPinterest

twitter



Join my newsletter/mailing list and get a free story now!

* indicates required
Email Format

View previous campaigns.

Nanowrimo 2017

Blog Archive

Moon

CURRENT MOON

Networked blogs