October Frights blog hop--#‎Octoberfrights‬

Wait, what?? Is it October already?? You know what that means! Halloween and with it, Samhain! *pause to happy dance* :) I'm a early on decorating, this year, but bear with me. I am participating in paranormal author Clarissa Johal's October Frights Blog hop.

2015 October Frights Blog Hop, #‎Octoberfrights‬


I will however give you a peek into my newest release: a zombie pre-apocalypse (if you will) novelette, Bicycle Requiem and have a tiny giveaway.  So do read on... A little set up. the main character, Teddy, hit a girl (Mara) who was out early one morning, riding her bike. Teddy, most unadvisedly, didn't stop to help and the little girl died....or did she?
Teddy's not sure. She's been terrified to go to the police about the accident and now, she wonders if she's losing her mind. Because now, seeing the girl everywhere. Something like this:

What did that little girl on the bike have planned for her life? I wondered, ignoring the computer’s blinking cursor, staring out the window.

The child materialized in the mist. Her eyes sunken in, her cheeks dark and hollow. I narrowed my eyes watching her. She rode on the back of a huge sheepdog.

No, she wasn’t riding exactly; blood and something else dripped down her jaw and stained the dog’s fur. I realized she’d been gnawing at the animal’s head. She wiped her mouth on the back of her hand and waved at me.

What the hell was she? Dead? Alive? A ghoul? A zombie? What?

Hours later, the light of the full moon filling my room, I couldn’t sleep.

Strange nightmares plagued my sleep: little Mara on her red bike pursuing me through ancient battlefields, speeding her way around and through the legs of screaming warriors. The little girl lying in the street, her bicycle askew, her limp body bent in odd angles; her candy apple red eyes watching me accusingly. Sirens blaring, a police cruiser behind my car, inside which I sat transfixed, afraid to move, watching myself beg a ghost for mercy. A girl dressed in police blues, her triple pupils lit with some ethereal, accusing fire. I squinted to see the words on her shiny gold badge. Was she a junior G-man? Had she somehow joined the Florida State Troopers?

Did they allow zombies to join their squad?

Good question! Want to know a little more about Bicycle Requiem? Here's the blurb. bicyclereqcopy2(1)

On the way home from a draining night of work, Theodora (called Teddy by her friends) finds herself guilty of something she'd never dreamed: a hit and run that results in a child's death. Wracked with guilt, Teddy hides her secret, carrying on as if nothing happened, but when the victim's zombie returns, bringing along her own kind of disturbing justice, Teddy learns innocent little Mara isn't exactly what she seemed.

And Teddy wonders, would jail be better than eternity with the vengeful girl's accusing spectre.

Is it a small price to pay--and for what?

I will give one Smashwords coupon for the e-copy of choice of Bicycle Requiem to a lucky winner. Please leave me a comment below, do you believe restless spirits (or in this case a restless spirit's zombie?) can haunt the guilty? And also click here and do the  rafflecopter thing. :)

Muhawahaha!

If you'd like to check it out before the end of the giveaway, Bicycle Requiem is available at Amazon (worldwide) and other venues via Smashwords.

And for those fans of the Antique Magic series, you may find a little treat inside Teddy's story. :)

Thanks for stopping by. You can see the rest of the participants in the hop by clicking the blue button below. Happy Halloween!!



Share this:

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Welcome to the blog of author Juli D. Revezzo

Post a Comment