Thursday, July 16, 2015

Scheduling, I hate thee... #countdownsale

Frustration banner
Why do I hate scheduling?

Because it never goes off the way I mean it to. That blog post that went up last night about the Countdown Sale? Yeah, it's too early. It ain't happening on schedule. Why? I guess Amazon had other ideas. So that was time wasted, and time wasted drives me crazy because I could be doing something constructive, like writing. Instead I'm having to fck with this blog and update you all as to the problem (instead of avoiding the problem to begin with). Why? I wanted the sale to go down at my leisure (as in today [*actually, no. I wanted it to go down yesterday!]), but Select's programming module only lets you schedule things beginning x amount of days in the future, usually two or three (I think it said) which means you have to get in there x amount of days in advance and set it up for some blind date in the future. (Future authors, listen up!)  Which well, if you have to schedule marketing surrounding it and they need four years in advance notice (I'm only half kidding, there) that makes sense. But you know what? That's not the way I roll. When I want to get something done, damn it, I want to get it done now when I have the time to screw with it not six weeks from now when storm Pain in the Ass might (or might not) be hitting.

*sigh* Because you might think it takes no time to blog but yes. Yes, it does. (I've been working on this blog post for a good hour now. Time well spent? Feh. (Yes, dear Caitlin and Trevor, and Isaac, Ruth, Stacy and Aaron, I hear you. I'm coming...). Frustrating no?

So when I thought I was setting it to TODAY, the system decided I meant TOMORROW. I don't know about you but my calendar says it's the 16th. Somehow the sale date got changed overnight to the 17th. Will it show up tomorrow? I can only hold my breath and wait.

*Sigh*

This glitch also adds to the kerfuffle about Select and their
lovely way of doing things and why so many people are fed up with it. You can type Select into the search engine and come up with a billion articles on it, I'm not going to add my two cents here. Daddy always said "you're in their ballpark, you play by their rules" and it so applies here.Anyway, for you all,  again, mea culpa. That last (to borrow another indie author's term) wasted ink post about the Countdown sale for Murder Upon a Midnight Clear, went out early. The sale is actually TOMORROW, not today.

I think. I hope. (Crossing all fingers and toes and eyes)
Post a Comment

Juli's Books

Available at now at Itunes:
Bicycle Requiem

Amazon. Some also available at Audible, Barnes and Noble, Smashwords and Createspace and now Google Play
Bicycle Requiem by Juli D. Revezzo, Gothic fiction, zombie fiction, novelette, Amazon kindle, Itunes, Google Play
Now at Google Play and
Itunes!
x
Passion's Sacred Dance, Celtic Stewards Chronicles, book 1 by Juli D. Revezzo, fantasy, romance, pagan paranormal romance, read free with Kindle Unlimited
free with Audible trial, Watchmaker's Heart by Juli D. Revezzo, Steampunk romance, Victorian romance, audiobook
New audiobook @ Audible
Frigga's
audiobook @ Audible
Victorian romance, historical romance, Juli D. Revezzo, historical romance, read free with Amazon Prime, Kindle UnlimitedThe Artist's Inheritance, Antique Magic book 1, by Juli D. Revezzo, Gothic fiction, witch fiction, pagan paranormal fictionCaitlin's Book of Shadows, Antique Magic book 2, by Juli D. Revezzo, short fiction, free ebook, witch fiction, pagan paranormal fiction
FREE ON ALL VENUES
Drawing Down the Shades, Antique Magic book 3, by Juli D. Revezzo, Gothic fiction, witch fiction, pagan paranormal fictionLady of the Tarot by Juli D. Revezzo, Gothic romance, historical romance, tarot
House of Cards, Reign of Tarot book 1, by Juli D. Revezzo, pagan paranormal fiction, witch fiction, tarot-themed fiction, Gothic fiction, supernatural horrorSing a Mournful Melody by Juli D. Revezzo, Gothic fiction, Vampire fiction, short storyChangeling's Crown by Juli D. Revezzo, New Adult, fantasy, romance, pagan paranormal romance, Google Play, Itunes
Now at Google Play
Murder Upon a Midnight Clear by Juli D. Revezzo, paranromal mystery, Christmas romance, pagan paranormal romance, read free with Kindle UnlimitedWatchmaker's Heart by Juli D. Revezzo, Steampunk romance, Victorian romance, read free with Kindle Unlimitedx

Social media



AmazonbloglovinFacebook

google+InstagramPinterest

twitter



Join my newsletter/mailing list and get a free story now!

* indicates required
Email Format

View previous campaigns.

Nanowrimo 2017

Blog Archive

Moon

CURRENT MOON

Networked blogs