A review of Anna Small's debut novel.


TAME THE WILD WIND
by Anna Small
Publisher: The Wild Rose Press
cover art copyright: Nicola Martinez
review copy:  came from the author, and my friend, Anna Small

In her debut novel, TAME THE WILD WIND, (published by The Wild Rose Press) Tampa area-based Historical romance author Anna Small tells the story of a fiery redhead named Cassie Gibson, who comes out to New Mexico to claim her inheritance, only to find a man, Jed Hazard, in control of the property. As Jed claims to have won the ranch from Cassie’s father fair and square, he has no plans to give it up ownership any time soon. Cassie refuses to be turned away, however, and threatens to take the matter up with the local sheriff.


Unfortunately, with the local soldier’s fort occupied once again, Jed’s past, and the secrets he escaped after the battle of Gettysburg, just might be closer than they think, and Jed and Cassie’s perfect world just might crumble before they can settle into the comfort of married life.

When Anna herself gifted me with this review copy, I must say, I had only read a handful of western-set historical romances, such as paranormal historical romance author Susan Krinard’s; so I went into it, not knowing quite what to expect. But I found myself intrigued by the story she laid out here, for in Tame the Wild Wind, Anna Small has created a bittersweet, and sexy, tale of reluctant trust, hope, and love that may (or, may I be evil and say, may not!) conquer all, that left me biting my nails for Jed and Cassie, and peopled it with a cast of colorful cast of characters that I’m sure any fan of Western romances, such as this one, will adore. If you'd like to check it out, you can find it in Ebook format, and paperback at The Wild Rose Press.


My rating? Well, a lil ole



 If you like, please pass this review along to someone you think might find it interesting, it's also at the Examiner.

Thanks; and enjoy! Oh, and have a safe and happy July 4th!

Share this:

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Welcome to the blog of author Juli D. Revezzo

Post a Comment